The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandates that employers must provide a safe working environment for staff. OSHA has established regulations to keep employees secure, and one of those regulations is the requirement that employees be properly trained in safety procedures.
In addition to providing security services, GSS Security Services offers a comprehensive OSHA classroom training program that teaches employees about several safety and security topics. We have tailored this course especially to the hospitality industry and customized it to address the diverse threats specific to your hotel or operation.
We will instruct your security staff in how to protect themselves and others in emergencies, and will teach all your employees how to:
- identify internal and external security threats
- communicate security concerns to management
- handle OSHA inspections
- interact with guests who behave inappropriately
- remove trespassers and manage crowds
- create an emergency action plan
- prepare for emergencies
- respond to emergencies and crises
- deal with fires, bomb threats, and hazardous chemicals
- handle blood-borne pathogens and biochemical waste
- use personal protective equipment
- evacuate and control access to sensitive areas
- keep guest rooms secure
- reduce the loss of property
Our OSHA compliance trainers are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about security. They are well-trained, experienced professionals who are up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
Protect your staff and guests, reduce your liability and minimize your operating costs by getting your employees trained in OSHA compliance today! If you would like to discuss bringing GSS Security Services, Inc. OSHA compliance training to your facility in the New York City area, please contact us.